OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
- Water early in the morning.
- Water only as needed – one inch, once a week.
Plants and Gardens
- Use drip irrigation
- Collect Rainwater
INSIDE YOUR HOME
- Install aerators on each faucet in your home. CUT water usage in half!
- Fix dripping faucets – SAVE up to 3,000 gallons of water a year!
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth – SAVE
- Turn off water while washing your hands – SAVE
- Check for leaks – SAVE up to 200 gallons of water a day!
- Install most water-efficient toilets – SAVE up to 13,000 gallons of water a year.
- Install water efficient showerhead – SAVE 2,900 gallons of water per average family
- Take shorter showers
- Wash only full loads – SAVE more than 3,400 gallons of water a year per average family.
- Install ENERGY STAR clothes washer – USE 50% less water and 25% less energy per load.