Keep Sugar Land Beautiful is holding their 25th annual Trash-Off on Saturday, April 7, 2018. We hope you will help us keep Sugar Land beautiful! Registration is required by March 16. Please see complete registration information on the attached waiver and group registration spreadsheet. All volunteers under age 18 must be accompanied by a registered participating adult. Volunteers will be assigned to pick up litter at designated sites in Sugar Land and should allow approximately two hours for cleanup. Volunteers will need to provide their own transportation to their assigned cleanup site. Whole Foods Market, Sugar Land, will host a light breakfast for registered volunteers. Thank you Nalco Champion, Republic Services, and Whole Foods Market for your support!! KSLB volunteers picked up over 2,728 pounds of litter, in Sugar Land, during our 2017 Trash-Off!
Yikes…did you know?
- 5.25 Trillion pieces of plastic in ocean trash!!
- Source: www.relay.nationalgeographic.com (01-11-2015)
- Plastic makes up 70% of ocean litter.
- Source: www.sciencemag.org (4-4-2017)
- Approximately 435 Million pieces of visible litter accumulate on Texas roadways each year!!
- 71% of litter is microlitter that is not easily seen on roadways.
- Tobacco trash is the most common form of litter on Texas roadways.
- You can be fined $500 every time you litter in Texas!!!!