Keep Sugar Land Beautiful is holding their 26th annual Trash-Off on Saturday, April 6, 2019. We hope you will help us keep Sugar Land beautiful! Special thank you to NALCO Champion for your 25 years of sponsorship! Registration form needs to be submitted to KSLB by March 8 . Please see complete, sign, and submit the 2019 Registration Waiver. If you are a group leader, please collect the registration waiver from each person in your group and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed group registration spreadsheet. All volunteers under age 18 must be accompanied by a registered participating adult. Volunteers will be assigned to pick up litter at designated sites in Sugar Land and should allow approximately two hours for cleanup. Volunteers will need to provide their own transportation to the meeting site and to their assigned cleanup site. Last year, KSLB volunteers picked up over 2,049 pounds of litter during our Trash-Off!
Oh, No…Did You Know?
Ocean Litter (Marine Debris)
- Scientists have found up to 750,000 bits of plastic in a single square kilometer in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch!!
- Over 80% of ocean litter comes from land-based activities.
- Most of the waste produced on land eventually reaches oceans.
- Millions of pieces of litter accumulate on Texas roadways each year!!
- Cigarette butts, fast food wrappers, plastic bags are tossed out of car windows or fly out of truck beds.
- You can be fined up to $500 every time you litter, up to five pounds, in Texas!!!!
- Moe than five pounds is considered illegal dumping and carries higher fines.
Sources: www.nationalgeographic.org; www.wwf.pand.org; www.dontmesswithtexas.org